The service life of vinyl windows is 40-50 years by the manufacturers' assurances in Toronto. But there are situations when you need to replace the recently installed window. Let's look at the reasons for this window replacement.
This is a difficult question about the service life and warranty of vinyl window manufacturers in Toronto. Typically, manufacturers specify the maximum possible period of use of PVC profile window structure. In fact, the warranty period for the window and work on its installation is at least 3 years.
Vinyl windows with swinging and tilting sashes have a complex design. The service life of such windows largely depends on the quality of components (provided the correct installation and operation). Usually the responsible companies give a guarantee for at least five years if the product is made of air conditioning profile and good fittings are used.
Main reasons for replacing windows in the house
Modern vinyl windows are made of polymer profile at specialized factories in Toronto. Installers of these factories or specialized companies or private contractors are engaged in installing these windows in homes. Therefore, the skill level of workers is different, which directly affects the quality of installation.
The replacement of vinyl windows is usually required in the following cases:
- damage to window structures due to external factors: intentional or accidental impacts on the glass, attempts to break in, weather factors, etc.;
- window deterioration during operation;
- incorrect measurement of the window aperture, violation of the technology of manufacturing and installation of structures;
- insufficient characteristics of products on energy saving, wind and water permeability, sound insulation and other indicators;
- mismatch between the appearance of windows and the design of the room.
How to determine that the window should be replaced?
The following signs indicate the need to replace the vinyl windows in the house:
- The sash is attached to a fixed profile when closing. Possible causes of failure: deformation of the structure, violation of manufacturing technology or installation of the window unit.
- Yellowing of vinyl during operation. Factors causing this: the use of poor quality profiles or foam on the structure during installation.
- The formation of condensation or icing on the inner surface of the window. There may be several reasons for this - from low thermal characteristics of the structure to the features of the room.
- Strong draught from the window, which is formed by the increased gap between the window block and the frame. This is caused by irregularities when taking measurements and cannot be compensated by the slope finish.
Turn-key replacement of windows is usually performed if the detected defects cannot be eliminated during the repair process. This is the case when replacement of individual structural elements is impossible due to technological or other reasons. The degree of repairability of the vinyl window is determined by a specialist during its thorough inspection.
Cost of vinyl windows replacement in Toronto
The cost depends on the chosen type of glass and frames, number of windows, place of installation (on the balcony, in the apartment or house), and is calculated individually after the measurement.
Call us by phone or send us a request for a free consultation to find out how much it costs to replace the window in your case.
Technology for replacing windows
The owner of the house makes the final decision to replace the windows, but it is important to avoid the previous mistakes and change the old windows to really high quality new ones. It is necessary to responsibly choose a contractor for this task.
The process of replacing vinyl windows in the house consists of the following stages:
- Measurement and execution of the order for manufacturing. The manufacturer cannot be held responsible for the correctness of the design and will not give you any warranty if you take measurements yourself.
- You need to accurately specify all the requirements for the vinyl window when preparing your order. You need to specify the type and color of the window profile, the number of sashes, the method of opening and other characteristics. Replacement of the window sill, tides and decoration of the slopes, the manufacture of mosquito nets are specified separately.
- Conclusion of the contract. Usually this is done by the representative of the contractor making measurements. Particular attention should be paid to the manufacturer's guarantees for its products and works on their installation.
- Making an advance payment for the manufacture of windows is usually at least 30% of the total cost of the order. You should give the money only after signing the contract and be sure to get a document confirming the proof of payment.
- Manufacturing of windows usually takes three to seven days and the client is informed about its completion.
- Preparation for window installation takes place before the arrival of the team with finished products. You need to remove the curtains, remove from the window sill indoor plants and other objects that may interfere with the work. Furniture and large household appliances should be covered with membrane or textile. On the floor near the window is placed cardboard drop sheet, which will avoid damage to the coating.
- Dismantling of old windows is performed by specialists and starts with the removal of sashes. The next step is to remove the window unit and unscrew all the fasteners, then the window unit is removed from the window frame.
- Installation of windows includes the following operations: removal of sashes, removal of the window unit. The window block is installed in the aperture and fixed in it by means of anchor bolts, self-tapping screws or steel plates. The position of the window structure is controlled vertically and horizontally by the level, after which all previously removed elements, window sills and ebbs are returned to their places.
- The gaps between the window unit and the opening are sealed using polyurethane foam. The excess foam is removed with a mounting knife after it has dried. The slopes on the outside and inside are putty.
How to order replacement of vinyl windows
Our specialist will come to you and make free measurements, learn about the features of the window opening, listen to your wishes and conduct climate engineering.
Then we will start window production. We will deliver the finished window in the agreed time, prepare the window aperture for installation of a new window.
You will receive a warranty for the work done after the replacement of your window.
We conclude a contract with each client.
Vinyl windows from “Comfortec Windows & Doors” Company
The “Comfortec Windows & Doors” Company offers its services for the manufacture and replacement of vinyl windows in Toronto and GTA. This is our priority activity. All works are performed in accordance with current construction norms and standards.
The most modern technological equipment and materials of proper quality are used in the production process of windows. This provides our windows with a high level of performance.
Installation of windows in Toronto is in accordance with the highest requirements. The method of installation using foam or vapour-permeable self-expanding tapes is determined by agreement with the customer.
Did you decide to replace the windows? Apply to our company! High quality of vinyl windows and their correct installation is guaranteed. “Comfortec Windows & Doors” Company clearly fulfill its obligations and has an impeccable business reputation.